A great Aerospace team in Auburn, WA is looking for an Accounts Receivable & Inventory Specialist to join their team! This position is responsible for administrating all phases of credit and collection activities within established guidelines, to include; evaluating the credit worthiness of new and existing customer accounts, recommending credit limits, extending temporary terms, and collecting on delinquent accounts.The position will also maintain and manage inventory and must enter data on parts held by the company and those shipped to other organizations into relevant databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Credit and Collections -
- Prepare and distribute credit application package to potential customers.
- Process Credit application, send inquiries, check trade references, interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines, log credit application status, and update customer service when delays are encountered in processing.
- Perform credit risk analysis, establish credit terms and set credit limits on new customer accounts.
- Monitor and review credit limits on active customer accounts within guidelines specified by Controller.
- Check customers credit worthiness on requests for extended credit limits.
- Send customer statements when invoices age 35 days.
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare weekly report of collection efforts and recommendations for resolution.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management within guidelines and when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Maintain log of all collection calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collection efforts. Notes must be clear and concise so that anyone reading them will easily understand the issues holding up payment and plans to get paid.
- Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts.
- Provide weekly aged 40 days report to sales manager along with collection status and notes.
- Document change in customer credit limits or terms and communicate any changes to the sales and customer service department.
- Negotiate payment plans with delinquent customers and identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action.
- Maintain Daily Log of Credit Applications received and in process. Notes must be clear and concise so that anyone reading them will easily understand the issues holding up the applications and the information that is still needed.
Customer Invoicing ?
- Match Sales Order/Shipment Report against customers purchase order.
- Verify accuracy of bill to address, ship to address, purchase order reference, terms, shipment method, part number, condition, quantity, unit price, and ensure that packing slip serial number agrees to sales order serial number.
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies and disputed charges.
- Scan documents into tracking system for invoice generation.
- Print sales order invoices for mailing or load PDF file invoices and email to customers.
- Print daily GL Detail report for journal type RCI and attach supporting documentation for archive.
- Oversee the scanning and archiving of accounts receivable records.
Cash posting ?
- Review incoming customer wire and ach transactions to identify the customer code, discounts taken and provide n-notification for release of prepaid orders.
- Accurately apply customer payments (Checks, ACH, and Wire Transfers) based upon remittance advice and clearly communicate any discrepancies to the accounts receivable specialist for prompt resolution.
- Archive customer checks and remit to advise and manage destruction of documents based on pre- determined destruction dates (3 months).
Commission and Rebate Processing ?
- Secure and retain copies of commission and rebate contracts for the purpose adhering to agreed upon terms and conditions.
- Manage commission plans by flagging customer accounts, ensuring sales representative accounts are setup, calculating commissions earned, obtaining approval from the Chief Operating Office and Chief Financial Officer, requesting disbursement of funds, and maintaining records.
- Prepare and distribute rebate report for senior management review and approval. Process credit memo?s on customer accounts for approved rebates.
Consignment Billing ?
- Follow strict deadline to process and verify Consignment Reports. Working with the consignment team as needed.
Inventory Control ?
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Coordinate with customer service and purchasing departments
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform process, system testing, and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity.
- Instruct on proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory
- Perform other assigned duties and tasks necessary to support the accounting department.
- Follow and adhere to all safety and security policies and regulations.
- Report to work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Perform month end close.
DESIRED/REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years? accounts receivable, business to business credit and collection experience.
- Any combination of education and experience to demonstrate proficiency.
- Associates degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a repair facility or manufacturing environment.
LONG TERM CONTRACT/POSSIBILITY OF PERM
PAY: $18-$20 Hourly DOE
FULL TIME - M-F 8-4:30
BENEFITS IF HIRE PERM
For IMMEDIATE consideration please respond with resume online or to Chanele@provisional.com