Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
Currently seeking a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist for a great opportunity in the Tacoma, WA area. The ideal candidate will have a current, valid RN license or an RHIA, RHIT or CCS credential and a minimum 3 years experience in an acute care hospital setting.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
* Collaborate with a physician, physician extender, nurse, case manager and Health Information Management coder to identify areas for improved physician documentation.
* Conducts initial and extended-stay concurrent reviews on all selected admissions and documents findings on worksheets, denoting all key information utilized in the tracing process.
* Utilize monitoring tools to track the progress, monitoring reports and data.
* Assist in the development of physician query response reports.
* Perform all other Clinical Documentation Specialist duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Must have a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), or a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
* Must maintain at least one of the following certs from either AHIMA or ACDIS
* Minimum experience of 3 years in an acute care hospital setting
* Minimum of 3-5 years of recent CDI experience in an acute care hospital setting, including a minimum of 2 years of CDI experience in ICD10-CM/PCS and MS-DRGs with experience in providing physician and/or CDI education or similar clinical background education
* Preference will be given to those candidates with the MHS DoD coding experience
For immediate consideration please email your updated resume to email@example.com