Large North Idaho employer seeking a quality Medical Insurance Reimbursement Specialist........
Responsible for the timely and compliant submission of technical (hospital) and professional claims to insurance companies, government agencies and patients
* Consults with coders, as needed, to adjust coding modifiers to ensure clean claims submissions
* Coordinates information with other departments to resolve billing and potential reimbursement issues
* Researches and resolves unbillable claims
* Supports Accounts Receivable Collections efforts by providing claims processing and research information sufficient for follow-up and appeal of claims denial
* Supports Registration, Customer Service, Billing and Accounts Receivable Collections functions
* Interacts with patients, clinicians, insures, and billing management to ensure timely submission of claims.
Position is FT, Mon-Friday 7am-4:30pm(possible flexible scheduling after training)
Salary is $16-17/hour DOE
Requirements and Minimum Qualifications:
* High school diploma preferred, Billing Specialist Certification or Associates degree preferred
* Three years" experience working in a hospital or medical office with current commercial and government payer types, and understanding of payment methodologies
* Prefer at least one year hands-on experience processing 1500 or UB billing forms.
* Demonstrated ability to navigate through commercial payer and government agency websites, to research and understand billing requirements and instruction, and regulatory guidelines
* Demonstrated ability working in hospital and professional EMR billing, and supporting eligibility systems, and ability to read and understand a patient medical record sufficient to conduct claims-related research.
* Medical terminology familiarity required