We are seeking a quality Patient Advocate for large specialty office in Spokane Valley, WA. Duties will include but are not limited to insurance verification & eligibility, assessment of patient financial requirements and counseling patients on insurance benefits & co-payments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
1. Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system in an accurate manner.
2. Performs insurance verification process on all third party payers. Obtains initial and subsequent pre-authorization for services and surgeries.
3. Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
4. Utilizes the Summary of Patient Reimbursement and Liability form and obtains appropriate approvals as required.
5. Performs financial counseling process on all patients prior to treatment, which includes patient financial obligations, billing practices and establishing payment arrangements.
6. Documents financial counseling process and forwards to Billing Office.
7. Assists patients in obtaining financial assistance (i.e. Medicaid, drug replacement), outside assistance (i.e. transportation or other community services), and all appropriate forms filled out.
8. Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
9. Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required documentation as required.
Position is FT, Mon-Friday 8am-5pm and salary is DOE!
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
* a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
* three (3) years of medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction